Error: "Operation has timed out"
If you get an error message "Operation has timed out" in Connector log each time you're sending an invoice, eg .:
11/07/2016 10:28:24, Error, [... xxxxxx] Error sending file finvoice_2016-01-11_xxxxx.xml: The operation has timed out
The reason for this is that the invoice data your sending is so large that the standard 6-minute time is not enough to deal with the file.
The value can be increased eg. for ten minutes.
Increasing the time-out value:
- Make sure that you have the latest Maventa Connector version: 1.2.5876, the latest can be downloaded here: http://maventa.com/verkkolaskutus/lataa-connector/
- When the latest version is installed, make sure that Windows allows you to see hidden folders.
- Open your C: \ drive or the drive where Windows is installed
- Open the Program Data folder hidden
- Open the folder Maventa Connector
- Open the config file eg. with Notepad program
- Please add line <ClientTimeout value = "900000" /> below Language or Last User information.
The content of the file may look like this.:
<Children's we value = "TESTING" />
<LastApiKey value = "a0ac795b-d9ad-4155-a3a1-41d2131cd750" />
<Language value = "en" />
<Last User value = "email@example.com" />
<ClientTimeout value = "900000" />
The value is in milliseconds, so 900000 milliseconds means 15 minutes. That might be a bit too long because the default value is 6 minutes. You can first try 10min which is 600000 milliseconds.
- Save the changes and close the file
- Restart the Connector
- Next time you try to send invoices the maximum time for sending is 10 min (or 15 min if you chose 900000)
Remember to backup the whole folder, because changes to config files are done at your own risk. When the timeout value has increased, the packet sending channel is also open for longer time and the process is enabled at least 10 minutes (15 min) per invoice/package.